Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My wedding in Brides magazine!

OK, I may be exaggerating just a tad, but a photo from my wedding will be featured in the November/December issue of Brides! Granted, I'm not even in the photo and it may end up only being about a half inch in size on page 562 after all of the advertisements, but I may as well have made the cover!

The photo was one of a few taken by my matron of honor and amazing photgrapher, Natalie Moser. Although she was not shooting the entire wedding (she was a little preoccupied stuffing favor boxes and tying programs!), I was so happy that she was able to capture a few of my favorite pre-ceremony images. I am very excited for her to have won the 2007 Brides Magazine/WPJA Photography Contest (read more about the judges' comments here) and to appear in such a fabulous publication. This is a great honor and I'm sure just one of many more to come!

The winning image:


I remember this moment so vividly. The music had just begun and we were taking turns sneaking peaks as the guests were entering the ceremony site. My flower girls were restless and clearly ready to "get it over with"! The anticipation was incredible!


A few more of my favorites from Natalie:


18 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful! I can see why she won!

Lucky Designs said...

The pictures are amazing!! Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Oh Happy Blog! said...

Hooray! I am so happy for you- immortalizing the moment for years to come- and inspiring all those brides who will be reading the publication to invest in great photography... while the moment in the spotlight belongs to your photographer- I, too, would savor every moment knowing that it was MY wedding out there (and buy out every copy to send to all my relatives)

Darci said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures are amazing! You should post more pictures from your wedding...dying to see more now:)

Kelly | Blushink said...

Beautiful!!!! They are definetly magazine worthy!

casey said...

wow! your veil is amazing! love the pictures! let us know the outcome of your "famous" picture: big, small...

perfect bound said...

Stunning. I too love the veil and your killer style. If I were featured in a magazine you know I'd stop at every shop along the way and pick up a copy. Congrats! And yes, let's see more photos!

Natalie Moser Photography said...

Thanks for posting that Mim! :)

You look beautiful... sorry you weren't in "the" picture.

Love ya,

Nat

rachel @ blackeiffel said...

beautiful...stunning shots.

Sarah Dennis said...

Mimi you looked absolutely beautiful on your wedding day!

Congats to your photographer, Natalie Moser, her work is amazing...that black and white photo drew me in! I could feel the anticipation.

It's Lovely said...

How exciting!!You looked stunning! I adore your bouquet!!!

~ Jolene said...

wow, you were stunning. :)

swell.life said...

Yay for you! All of your wedding photos are absolutely stunning...You should be on the cover. :)

Enjoy Celebrations and Occasions said...

Wow! You are all so amazing. It was the happiest day of my life and I am so grateful to be able to remember it through the photos of not only my photographer, Leigh Miller, but of my very talented best friend, Natalie Moser as well! I am so thrilled you have enjoyed the images as much as I do.

alyssa said...

Yeah, Mimi! Those photos are incredible! You were so lucky to have two talented photographers present to capture your wedding day. It was a beautiful day! And you were stunning!

Olivia Carter said...

Umm.. those pictures are just too beautiful not to comment on! Congrats on the new found bridal fame!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

thesimplerthings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, they really are gorgeous photographs!