Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Haunted Mansion Inspiration

Inspiration can come from unexpected places. Case in point- I was at Disneyland this weekend and while in line for the Haunted Mansion (which, by the way, is currently decorated as The Nightmare Before Christmas for Halloween), I couldn't help but notice the fabulous urn arrangements. I love the idea of using living plants for centerpieces and arrangements as opposed to cut flowers. I was also struck by the use of black with the autumn colors instead of the more predictable brown. Of course you would have to take care to not make it look too "halloweeny" (no, I don't believe this a word) and I would probably forgo the skulls and tombstones! (Forgive the not-so great photos, the people behind were not very accommodating of my holding up the line to take pictures!)

2 comments:

Preppy Napkin said...

Very creative. Makes me want to decorate my house for Halloween-I need to get a pumpkin first!

The Mrs. said...

That house is insane! I have to get my Halloween stuff out TO-DAY!