Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Calligraphy envy

I just sent off a bunch of envelopes to be addressed for a bride by Laura Hooper. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Calligraphy is such an amazing art form. I took my first calligraphy class about 5 years ago and am still learning. An innate talent it is not! Although I have had the opportunity to calligraph quite a number of wedding invitations, I can honestly say they pale in comparison to the work of a professional such as Laura.
Brides, trust me on this one. If there is any way, you simply must have your envelopes addressed by hand and they must be beautiful! The quality is unmistakable and the impression is lasting. If you have ever received an invitation addressed in ball point pen in crooked, uncentered lines, you know what I am talking about.

1 comment: